Followers

Saturday, April 21, 2012

"Fears"

What in the name of all that is good and holy is going on?

I found a whole wiki about these things. I typed in the various things I've experienced and stuff on a search engine, like "Nightlander" (which term I got from Ontological), "Door", "City", "black dog", "man in bird mask", etc. It was on this last one that I found something of interest: the outfit of a medieval plague doctor. It looked just like that man I saw outside a while back. So I searched for "plague doctor". There was just stuff about the medieval plague doctors and costumes so people could dress up like them. Not much help.

Then I typed in "Dr. Beakman" and found a page on a wiki called "The Fear Mythos" mentioning Dr. Beakman and "the Plague Doctor" together. This looked somewhat promising, so I clicked on it. It turned out that this was indeed the Dr. Beakman who runs Shady Lawn. Apparently he's a Mad Doctor--a servant of the Plague Doctor. He apparently wouldn't let anyone leave because he loves performing various experiments.

I hope I didn't catch anything while there.

Anyway, these things are known as Fears. Nightlanders are the moving shadows plaguing me. The Doors lead to the Empty City, an ever-shifting eldritch location. The Black Dog hunts people down for some secret they keep hidden. I suppose my adventure as a boy may have made me feel guilty, knowing it was my fault, so I pretended it never happened. That could be why I'm a target there. The man who took my memories is known as the Blind Man. The Plague Doctor is all about spreading disease, which is why a single glance made my OCD skyrocket. The Convocation is made up of birds which can nest inside their servants. One such "Nest" is the man I found in the City. It is this "Nest" state which the Faceless Bastard was apparently referring to awhile back in his weird comment on "Here at Shady Lawn." In fact, his comment implies that he's...

Oh, dear God.

Many pages also lead to blogs, which I will read sometime.

There are many other Fears, it turns out, and I'm lucky not to have run into all of them. The ones I have are too much; I can't take it. Others include EAT (some watery thing), the Wooden Girl (who, it seems, controls people like puppets), the Cold Boy (who freezes people who are lonely; looks like I dodged a bullet there), the Unnamed Child (who ruins people's lives), and the Grotesque (who has something to do with dreams).

This all so insane. If so many have seen these creatures how come they're not common knowledge? Shouldn't the government be doing something about this? Instead, it's just confined to some blogs, it seems.

7 comments:

  1. People who are not Targets find it hard to perceive Fears; they don't even try.

    Oh, and about The Plague Doctor...

    ...That's not a mask.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Frankly, I don't think anything at this point could surprise me. Not even that.

      Delete
  2. At last you're learning. How nice to finally understand huh? I know by now I should probably stop pretending I'm part of you but it was so fun... Oh well.

    Yes I'm a Nest. I have birds inside of me.

    Fear Me! OoooOOooooOooh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel so sorry for you. What kind of life must you have had to willingly become one of those...THINGS!?

      Delete
    2. My lie was fine it was just the last few days that sucked. Being mutilated and shunned will do that to you.

      Delete
    3. Being filled with birds is the mutilation!

      Delete
    4. Really? I was pretty sure it was the being burned almost completely to death and scorched out eyeballs that were the mutilation but *Shrugs*

      Delete